Announcing: The Makery Retail Residency
The Makery is currently accepting applications for the position of Retail Resident.
The goal of the Retail Residency is to teach emerging makers and indie businesspeople the skills to start their own shop. The Retail Resident will work directly with The Makery founders to learn the ins and outs of running a shop, managing staff, and marketing and growing a small business. They will also participate in weekly business development meetings, and receive introductions and specific support to enable them to reach their own business goals.
The residency runs for 6 months. The Retail Resident will:
- Receive their own dedicated space inside The Makery (shelf or booth space) to sell their work, commission free.
- Staff the shop once per week
- Help manage our staff and space
- Receive a small monthly stipend
- Access additional perks (discounts on space, items in the shop, etc).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org